The girls at work love to share recipes and food inspiration, and the origin of this recipe is found in those moments of sharing. Kellieâ€™s friend found it on myrecipes.com and passed it along to Kellie when she needed something easy to make and she passed it along to us. And here I am passing it along to all of you lovely people. This is the heart of food – friends and sharing. Enjoy!
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 small or one large carrot, diced
- 2 hot sausages (or medium Italian sausages plus some red pepper flakes)
- 1 can stewed or diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 can beef broth plus one can water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 package gnocchi (~1/2 lb)
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- parmesan for garnish
- Cut open sausage casings, break apart, and cook in pan until done.
- SautÃ© onion and carrots.
- Place all ingredients except gnocchi, spinach and parmesan in a soup pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi to boiling soup. When the gnocchi come to the surface, they are 2 minutes from being done. At this point, add the spinach. Gnocchi, spinach, and soup should be ready at the same time.
- Serve hot and top with fresh parmesan as desired.